What is it:
- A recovering cream that relieves stressed skin, reduces redness and dryness, and consolidates the skin’s protective barrier.
- Lightweight, alcohol-free, fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, cruelty-free, recyclable packaging.
What we like:
- It leaves skin feeling moisturized, soft, and plump
- The texture has a thick, rich consistency and feels luxurious
- It soothes conditions like rosacea, dryness, and itchiness
- The cream accelerates the skin’s recovery process
- The formula is gentle and does not contain harmful compounds
- It sinks into the skin easily
- It has no scent
What we don’t like:
- Not budget-friendly
- It may feel too heavy and greasy for oily, breakout-prone skin
- All skin types, especially compromised, stressed, and problematic skin.
- Best adenosine cream
- Best ceramide cream
- Best emollient moisturizer
- Best product to use after retinol
Price: $76 for 1.7oz ($44.71 per ounce)
We have been big fans of Kate Somerville for a while, and Delikate Recovery Cream is for sure one of our favorite products ever. Read on to learn everything about this magical cream and see if it fits your skin.
Dermarollers, chemical peels, exfoliants, and retinol (and the list goes on) are the backbone of any skincare routine, no doubt about it. Yet, these treatments have the reputation of damaging the skin and weakening the barrier, making replenishing and regenerating creams as practical as sunscreen today. That’s why Kate Somerville Delikate Recovery Cream could be your next skincare BFF. Whether you want to speed up the skin recovery process, reinforce the protective barrier, or external foes have compromised your complexion, this cream will definitely come in handy.
Kate Somerville Delikate Recovery Cream is a lightweight yet thick cream formulated to calm the skin, relieve redness and tightness, reduce dryness and support the protective barrier. It also works wonders to soothe post-treatment irritation (like after a chemical peel or microneedling) and accelerate skin renewal since it packs the best-in-class replenishing ingredients, aka ceramides, peptides, and cholesterol. On top of that, the cream is chocked full of hydrating and softening ingredients and skips fragrances and alcohol.
EWG rates Kate Somerville products as having a low to moderate hazardous score, meaning they are pretty much clean and safe for sensitive skin but can cause allergic reactions or slight irritation in some isolated cases — though that’s unlikely to happen with Delikate Recovery Cream, as it was formulated to complement the skin, not messing with it.
The formula is anywhere between light and medium, with a thick texture that feels pampering. Its texture appears thick in the jar, yet, once applied, it becomes buttery and melts quickly, absorbing nicely and making the complexion feel velvety smooth by morning. The cream also adds the perfect dose of hydration without being too heavy or greasy. And it’s scent-free.
We also like that the jar is made of glass, meaning it’s recyclable. PETA also recognized Kate Somerville as cruelty-free in 2018, so more reason to love Delikate Recovery Cream.
These are the key ingredients in Kate Somerville Delikate Recovery Cream:
- Glycerin – it’s a humectant that pulls water from the environment into the skin, targeting lack of moisture. It provides hydration for up to 24 hours.
- Shea butter – has moisturizing and calming benefits.
- Three types of ceramides – are lipids naturally found in our skin that create a barrier to prevent water loss and environmental damage.
- Honey extract – it’s an emollient and humectant rich in sugar, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that help hydrate and soften.
- Peptides – repair damaged cells, promote collagen and strengthen the barrier for firmer and more resilient skin.
- Cholesterol – plays a critical role in keeping skin protected and soft.
- Phytosphingosine – has antimicrobial activity that works against acne-causing bacteria, being a part of the skin’s natural defense system.
- Tocopherol – it’s a powerful antioxidant with emollient benefits.
- Ginger extract – relieves redness.
- Ectoin, bisabolol, and adenosine – all are skin-calming ingredients.
Who can use Kate Somerville Delikate Recovery Cream
Kate Somerville Delikate Recovery Cream is best for damaged, normal, and dry skin, and since it’s non-comedogenic and doesn’t feel too greasy, it’s suitable for oily skin too. Sensitive skin can also enjoy the benefits of this cream, as it comes with a non-irritating formula that is free of alcohol and fragrances. On the other hand, if you have active breakouts or acne-prone skin, perform a patch test before you go all-in with the product.
Following an in-depth analysis of the customer reviews of Kate Somerville Delikate Recovery Cream, we’ve been able to get some valuable insights and transparent data about the product:
- Over 90% of people with sensitive skin have rated Kate Somerville Delikate Recovery Cream four and five stars.
- 100% have appreciated the no-scent formula.
- Some reviewers complained about the texture feeling too thick and greasy, especially for oily, acne-prone skin.
- Most people have noticed their skin more supple, hydrated, and soft after using Kate Somerville Delikate Recovery Cream.
- In some particular cases, the cream caused breakouts and redness.
Alternatives to Kate Somerville Delikate Recovery Cream
A cheaper alternative to Kate Somerville Delikate Recovery Cream is CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream. Both have very similar formulas, without fragrance and spiked with ceramides, cholesterol, peptides, and glycerin.
Ole Henriksen Strength Trainer Peptide Boost Moisturizer is another product that competes with Kate Somerville Delikate Cream, having a wallet-friendly price tag and being formulated with eight peptides, ceramides, and plenty of hydrating ingredients. Or, if your skin reacts to Kate Somerville Delikate Recovery Cream, you could try SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2, which is very similar but more gentle and also targets aging signs.
This review has been made according to our editorial policy and guidelines. We always shut our eyes to marketing claims and use reliable information to create in-depth, genuine reviews that tell the naked truth.